It’s a rainy day here on the Jersey Shore today.
I find I really like the rain. It’s soothing. It’s cleansing. It’s also great to write to.
I’ve spent the morning in my usual routine of meditation, journaling, and planning for the day. Then I went to my office, opened the curtains to the wide windows and looked out at the rain.
I really took the time to soak it all in — and I felt at peace. I have plenty of things to worry about (the same as anyone else), but in that moment, I felt… abundant.
Which breaks me to another train of thought.
What is abundance?
We hear that word a lot these days, but what does it actually mean? And how do you know when you have it?
What does it mean to be truly abundant anyway?
Abundance isn’t all about money. You can be rich and still lack abundance.
You can have little money and still feel very abundant in your life.
More than anything, abundance is a state of mind. it’s about really seeing and feeling the world around you, and about appreciating what you have, rather than complaining about what you lack. It’s about gratitude, which is really the basis of all happiness.
Deepak Chopra said that abundance is when you experience “joy, health, happiness, sense of purpose and vitality.”
Where do you see these things in your life today?
If you’re struggling to find your abundance, you may be out of practice. You can start planting seeds today to help you feel more abundant, even if you feel like you have very little.
Here are some ways to get started:
– Practice daily gratitude. Make a list of at least 10 things every day that you are grateful for.
– Be mindful of the little things. Keep in mind that the smallest actions can sometimes bring the biggest gains.
– Practice self-care. You’ve seen me talk about that here before. It’s important. Don’t neglect yourself.
– Perform a random act of kindness. Doing something nice for someone else can really make you feel abundant.
– Get your mindset right. Sometimes you just need to change the way you are looking at things.
What are some ways you are celebrating abundance today?