Hi, I’m Lisa, the face behind Heart Centered Copy. Born with an entrepreneurial spirit, I started my copywriting business at 16 years old. I’ve been in business since 1998, and I’m pleased to offer my services to fabulous heart-centered entrepreneurs. I’ve been writing my entire life. Originally trained in journalism, I decided that life wasn’t for me (although I do still work as a newspaper stringer from time to time). Instead, I fell into internet copywriting during its infancy. Some of my earliest clients were internet marketers and brick-and-mortar early adopters of the internet. We braved those murky waters together, figuring out what worked (and what didn’t) without modern tools or knowledge of SEO.
Now, I serve a specific type of client (more on that below) and it makes my heart super happy to be able to do work that is fulfilling on a financial level, but also on a heart-and-soul level. This is what it truly means to live the life of your dreams, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunities to help my clients do the same!
When I’m not grinding out copy at my keyboard, I’m spending time with my kids, playing video games, watching anime, or walking/jogging.
Fun Facts about Me
– I have a titanium rod in my tibia from a trail run accident in 2014
– I only have one kidney because I gave the other one to a fellow writer in 2016
– My first car was a black 1988 Nissan Pulsar with T-top
– I don’t like soup. At all.
– I used fidget spinners before they were a fad
– I eat hot fudge sundaes in the middle of winter
– I write YA paranormal under a fiction pen name
– As a kid, I was published in Highlights Magazine
– In high school, I was in JROTC and planned to join the Air Force
– I love Oracle cards and collect my favorite decks
– I run 5Ks and 10Ks regularly
– I worked as a bartender before I was old enough to drink
– I’m momma to 5 kids, aged 6-19
– I’ve lived in 6 states from the West Coast to the East Coast in my lifetime
This direction for my copywriting business came as a result of finally connecting with my true purpose. While I’ve run a successful business for nearly two decades, I always felt there was something missing. I didn’t always love the types of projects I was working on, or the types of clients I was working with. There were times where it felt less like I was running my own business, and more like I was chained to someone else’s timeline and rules. I knew where I wanted to be, but I couldn’t see the path to get there.
That’s when my entire life changed.
Now, I know how to attract my SOULMATE clients, and it’s an amazing experience! I love each and every person I have the pleasure of working with and I am so grateful for them. I am thankful I get to be a part of their lives and a part of their business, helping them soar and reach their own goals as well. This is about more than writing content; it’s about bringing dream businesses to life.